Sunday, July 1, 2012

Well, obviously I am not doing a very good job at improving my blogging skills! :) I'll keep trying! The trip to Kauai was amazing! We really enjoyed this island! We saw the Waimea Canyon, did a helicopter tour to see  the Na Pali Coast, and did a zipline safari where we got to canoe, zipline, swim in some freshwater pools, and hike through the forest! The cabins we stayed at were great! My trip home was also wonderful! I had a great time in Birmingham with Maria-Jade! We ate out at some of my favorite restaurants and did some shopping! Laura's wedding was beautiful and tons of fun! I was so happy to see momma and daddy! We went down to the beach one day and I had some yummy seafood!

So of course the big news is that I am now 12 weeks pregnant! Super exciting! I stopped birth control and we were going to start really trying to get pregnant (so that I could deliver before we left the island), and turns out I was already pregnant! The due date is January 8, 2013! We will hopefully find out what we are having on July 28th! :) I am greatly missing my caffeine but other than that the pregnancy is going very well! No morning sickness! :)

So Tyler's class date is July 5th, 2013! I am so happy that in one year, we will be off the island!!! We have enjoyed our time here, but are definitely missing life on the main land! He is working on trying to get tasked under the EOD unit here on base. They require 3 months of on the job training before you go to class, but you can do more, so we will see how that works out!

I did a 5K with Sarah the beginning of May, but wasn't able to run it all (I already knew I was pregnant, so I took it easy!). I am now trying to walk when I feel like I have the energy (that's been my only real symptom so far). I am still reading my Bible, but I am very behind...So now I should have it read by the time we leave Hawaii! I received my first letter from Darlin today! She asks for prayers for her mother! I will take my last class to get my Graduate Certificate in October, and then I will be done!

So that is my news for now! Thanks for reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How lucky for ya'll to get pregnant so easy and have no morning sickness! I know both you and your parents will be glad to have you off an island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment! I am not very good at this blogging stuff! Hopefully once I quit working I will be able to keep up better! But yea, I am glad everything has been smooth sailing so far! I hope Lee is doing better! I am keeping ya'll in my prayers!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete