Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 6







Well today is Monday, day 6 in Hawaii! We had a great weekend exploring the island! Friday night we found a little shopping area that has a lot of restauants that is only about a mile from the hotel so we have been going there a lot. We ate at Ruby Tuesday's Friday night. Tyler was really tired from his long day so we went to bed early so we would be well rested for our adventures on Saturday!

We headed toward downtown Honolulu Saturday morning and rode along the water. We saw some parks, the marina, a huge cruise ship, and tons of tourists around Waikiki! There were a lot of restaurants and shops but traffic was really bad because they were having a parade down there! So after a couple of hours of being in traffic, we made it out and rode throught a really nice neighborhood with great views of the gorgeous water. We stopped at Sandy Beach and watched the knee boarders playing in the waves. The water was pretty rough on that side of the island and the lifeguards suggested that if you weren't familiar with the water you stay out, so I did! Tyler got in for a little bit but didn't go too far. We began to get hungry so we continued our trip around. We had a great time just cruising around with the windows off of the jeep! We stopped at a place called The Shack for lunch! (It's a chain on the island and California!) We continued our trip around to the North Shore. There were tons of people on the beaches! The locals were having like these big parties for birthdays and they would have tons of tents set up at all the beach parks. I guess they just camp out there for the weekend! There weren't any waves on the North Shore, but they are big in the winter. We came back through the middle of the island on H-1 (one of the three interstates!) and we stopped at the Dole Plantation and had some Dole Whip! (pineapple ice cream!) It was really sweet but good! We were worn out by the time we got back so we ended up going to get take out from Panda Express (which I had never had! yummy for fast food!) and then we crashed!

Sunday we went to look at some Navy housing that is close to Pearl Harbor. It was a very nice neighborhood right near the water, but there wasn't a PX close, so I'm kinda unsure about it! We rode down to Ewa Beach because they were supposed to have some townhomes for rent but all we found were ones for sale. We took a different rode up towards Schofield Barracks after that and picked up one of Tyler's friends from AIT (who is staying on HMR where there is no PX or anything really) and took him onto Schofield with us to shop! We rode by the neighborhood we might possibly live in and then we went to the library! Tyler and his friend had to print some paperwork out and I got to check out some books to entertain me while I'm at the pool! We went by the PX and got some supplies and then I had my first trip to the Commissary! Not my favorite place! lol! It was so crowded!! Hopefully when I go during the week it won't be so bad! But the prices were not bad at all! The only thing that we got that was more expensive was milk! (our mini-fridge is now packed full!) We got home and Tyler got ready for the week and then we ate dinner at Taco Del Mar! (It's kinda like Moe's and tasted about the same, but they didn't have any white cheese dip! :( ) Oh, and on the way to eat I saw a rainbow! I guess that means things are going to work out okay! :)

Today has been a lazy day for me. I straightened up the room, did some laundry, finished a book, and laid out for a little bit. I learned a lot about The Bus because I am going to try it out tomorrow to go to my Navy Housing meeting! Tyler is on his way home now so I will sign off! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment