Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 8...Settling In!

So we have been here one week now! It's kinda feeling like home...lol! I rode the bus for the first time yesterday! :) I only went a few miles down the road so it wasn't bad at all. I went to a meeting at Navy Housing...which was not so helpful...no 2 bedrooms for 3-6 months. So, after that, I walked over to the NEX and looked around and got some lunch. I found the salon and scheduled a hair appointment for tomorrow! Excited!! :) And then I got back on the bus and made it back to the hotel safe and sound! Tyler got to come home early because he was supposed to go back to the base at like 0130 this morning! We had a few hours before he wanted to get some sleep so we went and saw a movie in Mililani...it's a town close to Schofield. We watched Killers which was really good! We came back and Tyler went to bed around 6. I got some food at the restaurant at the hotel (they give us 2 $10 vouchers per day to use at their restaurants where they serve breakfast and dinner). So I went and read by the pool and did some laundry. I went to bed early since I didn't wanna bother Tyler with the lights being on! He ended up getting there last night and they had cancelled what he was there to do so he came back to sleep before PT and now today he will be late getting in. :(

Today I went and laid by the pool for a while, went swimming, finished a book, and tried to fix my internet! I was finally successful with the internet which is a relief! Oh, we talked to the Army housing lady yesterday and they are holding a house for us!!!! The family moves out on the 18th and we will get to see it a few days after and then it should be ready to move into by the end of the month!!! So excited!! I am reading up on things to do on the island so I can plan some things for the weekends! Tyler got a smallpox vaccination so he can't swim for a month which kinda sucks, so we are going to do the non-water stuff first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment