Friday, June 18, 2010

Feeling like Home

We have now been living in Oahu for over 2 weeks now! It really is starting to feel like home! (the island, not the hotel...lol) I am not a fan of living in a hotel at all! It just lacks that home feel...but not having to make the bed, cook, or clean is pretty nice...but also boring... at least it gives me time for other fun stuff! I am working on a wedding album on Shutterfly which is coming along great, getting my I-pod organized into folders, and getting out to see the sights while I do have the time...oh and I can't forget the pool! I forgot how much I liked to swim...in clear water... not as big of a fan of swimming in the ocean! I have also read a ton of books which I really enjoy!
Today it is actually cloudy and raining off and on...usually the clouds roll through and it only sprinkles. I did have enough time between showers to jog! I realized that the Navy Housing across the street had access to where I could get in, so I jogged around there for a little while.
The beginning of this week I went to a mall that is near Pearl Harbor. I had a book that I wanted to buy at Borders. I got to eat lunch at Moe's (Welcome to Moe's!) and it was awesome!!! I loved it! They also had a monorail at this mall...lol! Oh and a used bookstore with books for a dollar! So yea, I went a little crazy with the books. :)
Tuesday Tyler had to do a 24 hour duty thing at headquarters so I watched movies that night.
Wednesday he got home at 0900 from his duty so we went by the bank and to look for him some sunglasses. We had lunch and then he got tired so it was pool time for me! Yesterday I was feeling adventurous so I took the bus to Waikiki! I walked along the beach, looked in some shops and just walked around the streets! It was pretty neat and helped me to figure out where things were! I will try to go back to one of the beaches next week! Tyler got off aroun 3:30 so we went by Best Buy and Sams to shop a little! Overall it's been a really good week and I'm looking foward to a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! And adventurous! I hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete